- Created on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 17:26
- Last Updated on Monday, 09 June 2014 14:33
|Kathy Rippel, Department Head
|Holly Regan, Assistant
The Interlibrary Loan Department:
- Locates requested material and asks that the material be sent to the requesting library.
- Assists with collection development projects to strengthen collections across the state and to encourage resource sharing among libraries in Kansas.
- Helps the staff of member libraries verify requests using appropriate technologies.
- Oversees training of new interlibrary loan personnel from member libraries and promotes adherence to the interlibrary loan protocols.
- Assists local librarians in securing the return of overdue interlibrary loan materials.
- Assesses interlibrary loan procedures annually and makes recommendations for improvements.
Through Interlibrary Loan Service any library in the state can offer patrons access to materials not available at the local library. Resource sharing among System libraries depends on a local commitment to interlibrary loan. System interlibrary loan services facilitate the transfer of library materials from one Kansas library to another in response to a specific patron request.
Interlibrary Loan Service is offered to all readers in the Central Kansas Library System area through the local public library, or, for rural residents, directly from CKLS by Phone-From-Home Service. Materials not available at the local public library may be requested on interlibrary loan through the local librarian. Rural residents may call CKLS directly for interlibrary loan assistance.
Photocopy requests of periodical articles or book sections may be sent to CKLS. If the request cannot be filled by CKLS resources, it is referred to another library which may charge a reproduction fee for the photocopy.
Librarians are encouraged to offer and promote interlibrary loan service to their patrons. Member libraries are encouraged to accept responsibility for training staff to handle interlibrary loan transactions and gather statistics as needed by the System or the State Library.
Interlibrary Loan Forms