Ask A Librarian
- Created on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 17:26
- Last Updated on Thursday, 14 February 2013 16:57
Gail Santy, Department Head
The CKLS Reference Service:
- Answers reference requests received from rural patrons and member librarians.
- Provides member librarians with appropriate lists of reference materials, incorporating procedures for cooperative collection development when applicable.
- Trains member librarians to use reference materials and respond appropriately to user requests for information.
CKLS reference service provides information to member librarians in response to specific user requests. The reference consultant also provides continuing education, leadership and guidance in improving local library reference service. Librarians in member libraries are encouraged to provide reference service to their patrons.