- Created on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 16:47
- Last Updated on Monday, 09 June 2014 16:24
Steve Thomas, Department Head
Maribeth Shafer, Technology Consultant
Pathfinder Central Manager
The CKLS Automation Services department assists librarians in meeting the information needs of their patrons. We provide advice and training on use of the Internet and other computerized information sources. In addition we assist librarians in the purchase, installation, and maintenance of computers, operating systems, and other hardware and software products.
The Automation Services Department:
- Consults for on-site automation needs.
- Helps member librarians in gaining computer expertise.
- Assists with the design of automated processes and systems.
- Provides continuing education for librarians in advanced technologies.
- Prepares for disasters.
- Assists librarians and boards with contract negotiations with vendors.
Automation consulting service helps member librarians use current technology and provide technical expertise and printed resources about library automation for member libraries. It provides consulting for automation projects. CKLS Automation Specialists advise and train member librarians and trustees on the use of electronic information services.
Member librarians who need assistance from Automation Services call CKLS and request the service or information they need. The Automation Specialists will attempt to solve computer problems over the telephone if possible. If not, they will schedule a visit to the library as soon as possible to try to resolve the problem.
Tech Tips: For help hints about computers including computer maintenance, safe downloads, kids games, and core tech skills