- Created on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 16:55
|Chris Rippel, System Consultant
CKLS has a dual commitment to continuing education. We provide learning opportunities for System staff members and trustees, and offer training sessions for the staff and trustees of member libraries. Librarians and trustees from member libraries are encouraged to have a written policy supporting local, regional System, and state continuing education programs.
The Continuing Education Department:
- Increases the skills and knowledge of librarians and trustees so they may provide the best possible library service to their communities.
- Acquaints librarians and trustees with library trends and developments.
- Develops learning activities and experiences for member librarians and trustees.
- Includes opportunities to coordinate activities with other Systems and other agencies.
- Provides technology training for local librarians as time and staff schedules permit.