- Created on Tuesday, 15 February 2011 19:11
The mission of the Central Kansas Library System is to help member libraries give their patrons what they want by extending library service to the unserved and improving library service where it already exists.
The goal of the Central Kansas Library System is to respond to needs articulated by member librarians and trustees through specific programs that offer a level of sevice not affordable in local communities. CKLS pools resources and used modern technology to help local librarians serve their patrons better. CKLS also offers direct services to rural residents and those who need special services because of disability. Anyone living within the System boundaries can get the library materials they want by using the collections of local libraries or by contacting CKLS directly.
- Cooperating with our colleagues to help all libraries meet the needs of all Kansans.
- Working together, helping each other at CKLS meet the needs of all our clients.
- Supporting local libraries, helping them give their patrons what they want when they go the library.
- Providing direct service to those who cannot go to a library or cannot benefit from regular library services.