2016 LibraryAware, all-in-one marketing
Tuesday, October 4, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.: CKLS
Contact Person: Gail Santy
Participants should bring:
The URL, username, and password to the library’s Facebook account
The URL and login to the library’s website, if you have one
Several ideas for a marketing campaign, i.e. fall story time programming, adult programming series, special library event
Gail Santy will present a practical, hands-on workshop where participants will learn to create and publish print and digital promotional items, edit images and content, create stunning bookmarks, use newsletters to cross promote content, programs, and services, use social media, and more. This workshop is held at CKLS so that we can utilize the big color printer/coper. Participants will leave the workshop with print copies of the promotional materials!
Lunch is on your own.
Click here more information and a print-friendly flyer.
Why Kansas Needs Libraries More Than Ever: Libraries = Education Workshop
Friday, October 14, 2016
Salina Public Library, 301 W. Elm Street, Prescott Room in basement
This workshop is free to everyone.
Lunch is on your own.
Valerie Gross explores how “strategic vocabulary” links libraries to education. This new vocabulary revolutionizes the community’s and community leaders’ perception of public libraries. This presentation offers many examples of how changes in vocabulary lead to changes in the community’s perception of the library and library staff. Valerie Gross, for example, is described as the President & CEO for the Howard County Library System. How does using President & CEO change the perception of library’s and Valerie’s worth?
Presenter: Valerie Gross, President and CEO of Howard County Library System and author of Transforming Our Image: Building Our Brand
2016 Technology Day
Lunch will be a free potato bar and soup.
Immediately after lunch a short business meeting will pass the CKLS budget.
Here are some presentations at this year’s event.
- Downloading inappropriate content (movies) in the library – Shannon Reid-Wheat, Council Grove Library
- Improving Collection Development with Ingram’s iMatch and Library Aware – Gail Santy, CKLS
- Backup and online storage options – Maribeth Shafer, CKLS
- MedlinePlus and more online resource – Alicia Lillich, University of Kansas
- Library catalogs are becoming more important than ever – Crystal Hutchinson and Kathy Rippel
- Can Goodreads ratings and award winners suggest better books that circulate well? Yes – Chris Rippel, CKLS
- Chris Rippel’s brief retirement party at the end of the day