2016 Technology Day
Lunch will be a free potato bar and soup.
Immediately after lunch a short business meeting will pass the CKLS budget.
Here are some presentations at this year’s event.
- Downloading inappropriate content (movies) in the library – Shannon Reid-Wheat, Council Grove Library
- Improving Collection Development with Ingram’s iMatch and Library Aware – Gail Santy, CKLS
- Backup and online storage options – Maribeth Shafer, CKLS
- MedlinePlus and more online resource – Alicia Lillich, University of Kansas
- Library catalogs are becoming more important than ever – Crystal Hutchinson and Kathy Rippel
- Can Goodreads ratings and award winners suggest better books that circulate well? Yes – Chris Rippel, CKLS
- Chris Rippel’s brief retirement party at the end of the day
2016 All Aboard the Programming Train
Tuesday, September 13, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm: CKLS
2016 LibraryAware, all-in-one marketing
Thursday, July 28, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.: CKLS Registration for this workshop date is now closed.
Tuesday, October 4, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.: CKLS
Contact Person: Gail Santy
Participants should bring:
The URL, username, and password to the library’s Facebook account
The URL and login to the library’s website, if you have one
Several ideas for a marketing campaign, i.e. fall story time programming, adult programming series, special library event
Gail Santy will present a practical, hands-on workshop where participants will learn to create and publish print and digital promotional items, edit images and content, create stunning bookmarks, use newsletters to cross promote content, programs, and services, use social media, and more. This workshop is held at CKLS so that we can utilize the big color printer/coper. Participants will leave the workshop with print copies of the promotional materials!
Lunch is on your own.
Click here more information and a print-friendly flyer.